A Natural Way I heard to treat Epilepsy, take a look this, lol

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
HI, there. I wonder if you've ever heard about Dr. James F. Balch? He is a physician, a surgeon, a certified nutritional consultant and a leading authority on integrative medicine and nutritional healing. Dr Balch has written several books and co-authored two best-selling books that address a broad range of health concerns and their nutritional prescriptions.

Here is the list of supplements he recommends in his books that might be essential or very important for supporting the treatment of Epilepsy:

L-Carnitine is involved in protein production and essential fatty acid transportation. L-Tyrosine,Taurine, Calcium, Chromium, Vitamin B6 and Folate are important nutrients for maintaining normal brain function. Magnesium has a calming effect on the nervous system and helps relax muscle spasms. Selenium, Vitamin A and Quercetin are strong antioxidants that help protect the brain from oxidative damage. Vitamin B Complex 50 includes various B vitamins that are vital in functioning of the central nerve system. Niacin, CoQ10 and Vitamin E are beneficial for circulation of the brain. Vitamin B12 and Zinc may promote nervous system health. Pantothenic Acid and Vitamin C have shown anti-stress effects. Bioflavonoid Mix can potentiate the functions of Vitamin C. L-Carnitine and Vitamin E can be depleted by long term use of anticonvulsant drugs.

Unless otherwise specified, the dosages recommended here are for adults. There is also customized formula includeing those nutrients above that you can find from the Web(Googling Natural Treatment of Epilepsy with Supplements !).

I would also suggest you contact your doctor and request a referral to a Registered Dietitian who will be able to offer you advice and support.

Hi Jessie, welcome to the forum. :hello:

We've had discussions about vitamins/supplements for epilepsy and Prescription for Nutritional Healing before. :)

Do you have epilepsy? Are you treating it with vitamins/supplements?

Hi, hello and

how do you do? Welcome to CWE!

Our house here is really cool, thanks to Mr B. :banana:

So, do you have E, Jessie?

I've had it for 43 years now.......and yes, I do take quite a few of those vitamins already, daily.

Take care!

Meetz
:rock:

Back
Top Bottom