Need some info please

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi phillipsgirl, welcome to the forum. :hello:

It's really scary when you first embark down the road of epilepsy. It's humbling to see just how helpless we can be.

Education is the key to alleviating fear/anxiety. Meetz gave you some links to good information to start your journey.

I know the feeling of helplessness while watching a loved one have a seizure. One important thing is to make sure you have seizure first aid knowledge.

There are so many factors that can trigger a seizure for the first time. Your mother is very lucky to have you researching for her.

question please help soon

My mom is expeirencing some of the same symptoms that happened before her last seizure. Last time it was still 2 hours after these symptoms before she had a seizure. She has just throw up and hasn't eaten anything. She did the same last time. She has the overflow of saliva. Should I be watching her close right now? Does this mean there is going to be another? I am so scared

If these are

the same indicators as before then, yes she may very well be getting ready to have one.

The very best thing you can do is stick around, and CALM DOWN. TAKE SOME DEEP BREATHS, AND RELAX. As hard as that sounds, that's what you're going to have to do. Whether you like it or not, that's what you're going to have to do.......

CALM DOWN........DEEP BREATH......RELAX........THINK........BE THERE FOR HER........

She seems a little out of it too. She keeps telling me it is fine, but she don't liook fine to me. So should I be on guard? I am trying to stay calm. Also how long could she feel this way before she might have one?

Yes.

And, she will probably tell you it is fine. But if she has tonic clonics (I don't remember) just stick nearby....watch TV, read a book, something. Keep both of your minds distracted, and if it is going to happen, it will. If it isn't, it won't. But no matter what, STAY CALM. If you have some herbal tea, try drinking some. It will help......

Wellll

it CAN be. It just varies by the person. E is very individualistic.....Sorry I can't give you a better answer than that......

Hi, phillipsgirl
I am so proud of you helping your mom. First, please do your best to calm down & stay calm. If you feel more comfortable taking your mom to the hospital ER, I would go ahead & do it. If not, or you aren't able to drive, keep a phone handy so you can call 911. Yes, keep watch over your mom & keep the room or area she's in free of stuff she may injure herself on. If she seizes/has a seizure just let it happen & take care of her after the seizure by making her comfortable. I hope this advice helps. Take care & Best wishes ~Ann T.

:cry:Don't be sorry about nothing. You are being a HUGE help to me right now. She has not been diagnosed with E, but she has had 2. Thats why I am so afraid of going through another tonic clonic. Scares the hell out of me!!!!!

Yes that advice helps very much. Thank you all so much. Now she is wanting to eat. Don't know if she is ok or what?

Right now

the best thing to do is just wait and see. I know it sucks, but that's all you can do. :paperbag::rock:

I was right

I just wanted to let everyone know that my feeling was right, but the weird thing is that she had all the symptoms this morning and had a seizure in her sleep around 8pm. I thought they happen soon after the aura starts? Anyway I am fed up with these doctors. I talked to her neurologist tonight and he is going to call her doctor to get her off the medication we think (sure) is causing it. We have had 3 different doctors talk to her about changing it and that stupid doctor won't budge!!! That you all for the support. I am sure you will hear more from me on here. You all are a sweet group of people.

Well, they don't always happen in the same exact pattern, which is what really sucks about E. If it was the same every time, it would be sooooooo much EASIER. BUT NOOOOO. But at least the warning signs were the same.....just the timing was different......

I'm glad you were able to be there for her, and that the neuro is on your side.....

Back
Top Bottom