New bod here

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Toxic-virus

Stalwart
Reaction score
I deliberately stay off sites that are too close for home, that I mean epilepsy.
It is something I have battled with for some time now, like myself it will not give in when I think I have it Sorted it kicks me in the arse.

For many years only a select few people knew I had this and when someone out of the circle found out, I disconnected myself from them.
I do everything I shouldn't, martial arts, extreme sports, motor racing, canoeing,
With plenty more planned.

I don't smoke, I rarely drink and I'm on Keppra.
My condition is petite mal then tonic clonic since the age of 4years.

For some strange reason I have been drawn to this site, so I registered and here I am.
Your stories have made me realise that some of the oddities I experience are normal.

I am a positive person whom is driven and works extremely hard.
I push myself hard and always have something to prove, mainly because of this condition I expect the same from friends and work collegues and when they don't measure up I admit I give them a hard time.

Welcome to CWE. It is actually my teen daughter who has been diagnosed with epilepsy. As a mother, it is great to read how active you are as well as reading about your drive and determination. It makes me see, once again, that the world is out there for Paige. She just needs to go get it! Sit back and get comfortable - CWE is a welcoming and friendly place. Enjoy!

Welcome to CWE! :)

There are alot of great people here who are here to help!

I was dx'd with epilepsy at the age of 18 months old, and have been on numberous medications over the years. But I am now on Keppra XR. For me, its holding things good... the last week or so ive had a rough time. Seizure and auras have been coming about, and im in the process of seeing if an increase in medication is whats needed.

Feel free to ask anything! :)

Toxic:

I started with seizures in my late 20's and had control of my seizures for decades. Similar to you I snow ski, canoe, bike, target shoot. I guess I have been lucky all those years. With my current condition the physican assistant made it sound like I should live in a rubber room so I don't hurt myself. :) She did more harm than good. When riding a chair lift this season I felt trapped and began to panic. I resolved it by not looking down. My wife thinks I was having a panic attack thats never happened to me before. Its hard to decide how much risk to take, its an individual thing I guess. Currently I am investigating QEEG and neurofeedback.

Hi t-v, welcome to CWE!

Hope you feel free to wander around and explore the forums here. It's a great place, with great members.

Best,
Nakamova

Hi t-v, welcome to CWE!

Hope you feel free to wander around and explore the forums here. It's a great place, with great members.

Best,
Nakamova

Hi Toxic!

I started having seizures on January 26 2012. My last seizure, was a year after my first. They aren't very frequent, but they take me by complete surprise. The last two have been in my sleep. The doctors say I have PNES. I tried tegretol, but the side effects were awful. Was on nothing for a while until I had another seizure then I started Lamictal, at a low dose. I went off of that for a second EEG, which came back normal, and I was too pissed off to keep taking it. (yep, I'm stubborn ;) ) Now I'm waiting to hear back from my doc so we can decide what's next.

Hi Toxic!
I never really told anyone about my seizures either, until i started having them again last year and i had to start taking medicine again. (Long story)
Now its hard to find the right medince that will work good for me and all my clients ( and family) notice something wrong with me. So, whaddya do. Gotta let them know. I've had tonic-clonic in the past and absent seizures now. Im pretty active and like to do lots of stuff too.

..so anyways...Welcome! Make your self comfy. :D

Hello Toxic,

If you haven't seen it, CWE is a wonderful resource with knowledgeable members who are very compassionate.

Please feel comfortable here, you will not be judged.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom