A new challenger appears d:

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

saul3903

New
Reaction score
Hello...people?

I'm Saul. Okay, not really, Saul is a name I just use on the internet.

To start off, so everyone's clear. I do NOT have epilepsy or any of the things mistaken for epilepsy. But I do have two very good friends who do, and I want to be able to help them out. One of my E friends is already here, the Ever-Amazing Literophile. I dated her for about a month and she showed me this forum.

I'm hoping I can help out here, too. I've done a lot of reading on this site and others already, and I noticed that many E patients don't always know when a symptom or feeling comes from E, or comes from something that those without E might experience, also. I hope to be able to be something of a "control subject", acting as a more commonly wired brain for reference. Did that make any sense?

So yeah...HI!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Saul, welcome to CWE!

I don't know that "normal" is so easy to define. I think a lot of the more hard-to-pin-down symptoms and sensation fall along a wide spectrum. (In the same way that reality is just a collective hunch, "normal" is a swiftly moving target. I present the ever-changing DSM as Exhibit A). That said, I welcome your interest and enthusiasm, and look forward to your insights as a FOSWE (Friend of Someone With Epilepsy).

Best,
Nakamova

Welcome Saul,

Always good to have those who are here for support.

I do agree with Nakamova though that "normal" is pretty hard to define & can be very relative word at the best of times.

I'm glad that your friends have a friend like you!

Feel free to ask any questions. I've gotten alot of help about many different issues concerning my eplipesy on here.

Thanks to meet you!

Hi, Saul,

Welcome!

Yes... normal is hard to define. Some seizures can look a lot like migraines with auras, or not enough sleep/sleep deprivation, drug/herbal use, various organic diseases (in fact, many of them), being hyped up on Red Bull, being sick with the flu or being dehydrated.... and the list goes on. It's pretty tough to define "normal" and "seizures" and tell the difference between some of them. It usually takes a neurologist. We do the best we can based on our personal experience but it's hard.

I think it's great you are here for your friends - that's just plain wonderful. And that you are there to support Literophile, since you two aren't dating any more. Very nice thing to do. :)

Thanks

Thanks everyone. My foot is so far in my mouth I could drop kick my stomach. I meant the N-word as just an expression, but that was probably going too far even so. Thank you all for being understanding of the new guy.

Back
Top Bottom