New to the forum looking for women's issues

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Julia and I have epilepsy. I had one fevral seizure at age 2 and none again until age 15. My seizures are always grand mal and always occur when I am in public (a mixed blessing...). I have been lucky enough to have a husband as well as a best friend who both can read me and know me enough to be able to predict my seizures for me (or rather for themselves, as I can do nothing about it!). Unfortunately, my medical history includes so many possible factors and triggers that I am in a semi-undiagnosed place still at age 27. I am slightly hypoglycemic as well. I hope to learn more about my condition here and to give any advice I may have come up with in my 12 years living with epilepsy.

Hi Julia - WELCOME to CWE
Glad you decided to join us. I hope you make yourself comfortable and take some time to read some of the Library archives. You just might find some info that rings true to your personal history.

Ask any questions that come to mind. I am sure we can point you in the right direction.

Although Im not a woman so I cant comment on their issues, I just want to say welcome to the forum, Julia!

Welcome to the forum, Julia. I have been diagnosed with epilepsy for 16 years, and I am 26. So I know what you are going through. And I am sure you will agree, it is no fun. Luckily you came to a great place. I have just started a few days ago and I am learning so much and the people here are Great! I think you will really like it. I know I am!!

Welcome Julia! :) I had my first seizure at around age 3, due to head injury...and then later at 13 the grand mals hit. :) I've been diagnosed with epilepsy...but like you, I am also hypoglycemic, and married to a wonderful man that somehow manages to know when I'm goinig to have a seizure. :) Gotta love those attentive spouses. :) Anyway, the crew here is really friendly, so feel free to ask any questions, or just rant if you need to. :)

Hi Julia, welcome to the forum. :hello:

If you are aware of your triggers, I gather you have been keeping a seizure diary? It's always a good idea.

Your situation sounds a lot like my wife's. She is (has always been) borderline hypoglycemic too. She has done real well with a pseudo-LGIT diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom