New Girl In Town!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

epiphanyd

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm 23 year old Epiphany from MI. Just joined today. I have had epilepsy a little over a year now. Its been quite the journey but I am dealing with it. I have just had some really bad experiences with this stuff so I figured this would be a good way to communicate with others dealing with the same thing. ....Hope to talk to you soon!!!!:tup:

Hi Epiphany, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Make yourself at home here. :)

:hello: Welcome!! I've only been here a few days and everyone is so nice and full of great info!!

Hey there New Girl! Welcome. Seems you and my daughter Rebecca were told about the same time. I wish she would get on board here, but she doesn't want to be reminded, so I do it for myself. She also has had a rough go with it, as I have, and it is good to have a protected place to chat with others going through it.
Her last seizure was last Monday. We have made it 9 days so far.
How are you doing on the meds?

Welcome Epiphany!......

Glad you made it!....awesome name!
:rock:

:hello: Epiphany!

Glad you've zoomed by CWE!
:banana:

Kick back and make yourself a
home here!

meds

Hey there New Girl! Welcome. Seems you and my daughter Rebecca were told about the same time. I wish she would get on board here, but she doesn't want to be reminded, so I do it for myself. She also has had a rough go with it, as I have, and it is good to have a protected place to chat with others going through it.
Her last seizure was last Monday. We have made it 9 days so far.
How are you doing on the meds?

I had started having seizures again after I finally found a job that would take me back in September. Two weeks after I started I had one at work. I went to my doc about a 1 1/2 week ago and he has been steadily upping my lamictal and zonisamide. Worked until this morning. I had a siezure on the bus...luckily my bro was on it with me. This is becoming real annoying. But I have to be patient, The siezures used to be more often and far more dangerous. Now people tell me its like I just freeze up for a minute 2 minutes top. I just don't like sympathy, or not driving.

Welcome epiphanyd

I think you'll find quite a few here in the same predicament, newly diagnosed and learning to cope.

Many others here have traveled that route. There are over 5 MILLION people in the US with some type of seizure disorder! So we are never really alone. Most choose to keep quite about it.

CWE sells T-shirts, mugs and such with the logo...

cwe2.gif

I was wearing my T-shirt at Lowe's last week.( great big home improvement store) I had forgotten I even had it on. People keep giving me these strange looks, but it was the cashier who asked, "Do you have epilepsy?" I was shocked at first, but then remembered the SHIRT! She said her sister had just been diagnosed and thus a conversation ensuded about Coping with Epilepsy.

Public awareness begins one person at a time and it starts with ourselves. Learn all you can! Become fluent in the E language.

Kick off your shoes, and enjoy the house party! :brock:
:cheers:

epiphanyd,
Welcome to our home away from home. I understand your frustration, and the amount of control it must take to remain patient. We are here to support one another. I am the mom of a 19 yr. old son who has nocturnal seizures since the age of 12 1/2.
Marian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom