New Here

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorT

New
Reaction score
Hello everybody, my name is Jarrell and I am new here. I am a 25 yr old male who started having gran maul seizures about 3 yrs ago. I usually have my seizures at night. I have recently started Lamictal 100mg twice a day. I'm just happy to find a place where I can talk about this problem with people who know what it feels like to have a seizure.

Welcome to the board Jarrell. If a topic isn't covered feel free to bring it up.
It is nice to meet pple who can understand what your saying about the meds,the DRS.
the side effects to the meds . Its nice to be able to share with like minded pple.

Wishing us all a sz free life
Riva

Hi Jarrell - I have a daughter who is 15 and she has been having seizures for a year.
I find great comfort in talking with people that are going through this. It helps me to know what challenges are ahead, and options for alternative treatments.
She tried Lamictal. It caused severe body aches and then two weeks later it happened again, but this time with sore throat and fever, so the doctor took her off it.
Now we are trying a fourth one, called Trileptal. So far so good, but we are taking it very very slow.

I hope you find CWE a comfortable place to hang out.
Welcome

Hi Jarrell, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Hi Jarrell ~ Nice to meet you. (Texas? I'm in Missouri and it's COLD. 44* this morning) It's great that you've found such a nice place to talk.

Best wishes.

:hello: Jarrell

Glad to have you here at CWE, and sorry that
you've found this place! It's really cool here!

:brock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom