New Here...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Dollhouse

New
Reaction score
Hi my names Kathy & I have Epilepsy since I was 21,, I have multiple CaveromasAninomas , I am on Lamotrine & Phytoin but am in the process of changing from Phytoin to Keppra...been on Phytoin 25 yrs..not enjoying the change over, as near end now & am having small break through Seizures.

Am 48 now, am a Part time cleaner & I care for my twin whom has learning problem but does not have Epilepsy, which I find weird considering we're,re twins.

Hope you are all well & I look forward to becoming a member :hugs:

Hi Dollhouse, welcome to CWE!

Transitioning from one med to another is always a tricky. Did your doc recommend it because of long-term side effects from the phenytoin?

I hope the Keppra works well for you, but if it doesn't, don't hesitate to let you neurologist know. There are other meds out there.

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom