New here but had seizures young.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vantage08

New
Reaction score
Hey everybody my name is Brent. I started showing signs of Epilepsy when i was about five to six years old. Facial twitching and pulling were early warning signs. I then had a mild seizure when I was sleeping around seven years old. After a short hospital trip, I was placed on Tegrotal for over five years. I put on a good amount of weight during that time. I'm now 25 years old and that weight is finally coming off. :banana:

Hi vantage08, welcome to CWE!

Make yourself at home, and feel free visit the snacks table. Oh, and don't be shy about exploring and posting in the different forums.

Best,
Nakamova

Welcome Brent

My seizures were discovered at 3 years old so I don't really remember ever not having them.

I think I've tried every AED in the book but the ones I remember being on the longest were mysoline (Primidone) Dilantin (phenytoin) Depakene (Valproic Acid) and Tegretol.

I"m still on Tegretol to this day.

Back
Top Bottom