New here....and had my first seizure in 5 years yesterday.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

UPDATE!

Went to my Neurologist today and she isnt suspending my license or starting meds! wooo! The no meds because its been 5 years...and 8 before that, and because im nursing. She never even mentioned my license, she just said to be safe limit my driving! yay for me!

WooHoo!! Great news!!

Here's an update from me....I wasn't on yesterday because I was in the hospital. :( I was out grocery shopping on tuesday and had a seizure at the store. I woke up to paramedics telling me that my blood sugar was 20. (Not good...) So I got a fancy ride to the ER, followed by a night @ the hospital for observation. Luckily, I did NOT fall on the belly. Instead, I think I either bruised or rebroke my tail bone. :( Needless to say, I'll be much more careful about monitoring my blood sugar. (and wearing my medic alert....) The only reason the EMT's wouldn't let my hubby take me home was because I wasn't wearing my medic alert....*sigh*

That is so scary! im glad you are ok. nothing like waking up to a bunch on people starring at you!

Awwwww

GREAT NEWS for Bre!!!

And Skilly, I'm sooo sorry you ended up in the hospital like that! And a sore tailbone, broken or not, really, REALLY SUCKS. Feel better soon, sweetie.

Oh, I'm already feeling better...and hubby made sure that we bought only food that would easily fit into the menu the dietician came and gave me. (which actually made me laugh....as my hubby is not one to eat wheat bread...) Better a sore tailbone then falling on the baby....the only downside, is that my sister in law (who is a student where I teach) went around telling people that there was a possibility that I was going to have an emergency c-section. So needless to say, people were kind of surprised to see me at work today....*sigh*

Back
Top Bottom