New here from New York, not new to epilepsy...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

NYC Mom

New
Reaction score
Hi! My name is Jen, and I have had tonic clonic seizures since the age of 13. I found this place researching for Seizure Response dogs, and found some really good info here, and it looks like a nice place to hang out! I live in NYC, hence the name, and I'm a mom of 2 girls, ages 10 and 14.

Last edited:
Welcome NYC Mom

Glad you found us. I Know this place has helped me a lot both in how supportive the members are & in the amount of info it has. I hope it does the same for you.

What, if anything are you doing to help control your seizures (meds, diet etc)? Is it working or is that why you need a dog?

I am totally controlled by meds, but we are considering getting a dog in the future, and I was researching the training, and getting vs. training myself route. Seriously considering getting a beagle and training myself, but I just started my research.

Hi NYC Mom, welcome to the party!

I hope you explore all the forums here, and feel free to chime in and add your two cents.

Best,
Nakamova

Hi Jen - Welcome to CWE
Glad that you have joined us.

Back
Top Bottom