New Here and scared about withdrawing meds!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ive never heard of eplim and ive been across many meds. i feel like the freaking human pharmacy

Yep, wandering around the hospital after three seizures in one day was awesome - I kept bumping into each side of the hallway! And getting lost. Sedatives and painkillers though, so it was a bit of a giggle. I had a crazy black eye, it looked like I had just been given a right kicking!

I haven't really had a chance to put the jasmine oil to use when actually having a vague out moment - but I'm going to need it soon!

All, I'm getting so nervous. Tomorrow is the first day reducing Epilim, and I'm so worried that i'll be all vague. i work in finance and I have to really focus - how can I do that when i'm wondering if I have made the right choice or am setting myself up for a fall??? Literally!

Had to have a bit of a rant in "The Padded Room" - excellent way to vent!

Wow I don't think my t/c's have ever gotten that bad where I had to go to the hospital and walked around with a black eye bumping into everything. Did need painkillers on some though, so I really don't think I would have cared. Just don't stress the decrease. You'll be fine....if not, what's the worst that could happen? You'll be talking to walls in the hospital with more pain killers. =)

Lola, can you try reducing Thursday or Friday instead so that you will be able to rest at the weekend? Otherwise you might get stressed if you are unable to do what you usually can? Just a thought :twocents:

Got the black eye because a desk got in my way. I mean really, who puts desks in an OFFICE? Crazy ;)

Ha ha the worst that can happen. WELL - if you had heard me trying to construct a sentence when I am on the verge of a seizure you would think I am brain dead. Or of extremely low intellect. And yet while it's happening, I know I sound STUPID but just can't control it.

Can't believe it's taken me this long to seek a website like this - it's really helpful. I shouldn't have resisted it for so long!

Eibhlin, that's a really good idea. Embarrassed that it didn't occur to me. Hey i noticed that you said somewhere that you hail from the Emerald Isle (Munster woman???) - whereabouts?

Oh believe me, I know what it's like.....the last time I had one, I was spiking my hair, dropped my gel, said some ghastly name, then "Help" (sorta sing songy like The Beatles song) then I couldn't talk anymore,. So i feel ya...props.

I stood up and screamed once - at the top of my lungs. At work. Scared someone so much that she cried. oops! I can't even work out how to WASH my hair when i'm in the vague state of mind, let alone attempt to organise it! :)

yeah my hair is very intriquite(spelling) like a piece of art. every hair must be in place. but i didn't think anything was wrong at the time. just sorta hit me. i thought thats the way yours was too. you screamed? sorta like tourettes?

Intricate! Not like tourettes, more like a bloodcurdling fearful scream. Niiiiiiiice. Thought mine was like what?

Hi Lola,

Just be prepared that you might feel crappy, and take the entire weekend off, go to bed early, and have a rest, really mind yourself: I have found that it's the only way. Hopefully you might have no problems, but resting really minimises the risks.

Have you been to Ireland?! It's lovely here :)

thought they just crept on you. one minute you feel ok, like doing your nails, or whatever it is you girls do - playing with your kangaroo - and then bam

hey Eibhlin. Yes I've been to Ireland. it's lovely. I'm English (well, English/Australian) so I've spent a bit of time there in that area of the world. Easter 2008 in Dublin and surrounds. Actually the second part of my username, Lolushka (polish), was a nickname given to me when i was in Dublin. A polish friend lived there. Whereabouts are you from? I'll never go to Belfast again.

Silly Msuder0583... I only do my nails when I'm playing with croccodiles or koalas. Or putting things on barbeques. Obviously :) The auras build up but then get REALLY bad all of a sudden.

i thought you only put shrimp on the barbie....hm...so uninformed...polish eh? my grandfather is from germany. don't hate me for it.

I'm not Polish. But I do know how to say "my name is Lola I am a naughty little girl". Nice. My brother lives in London and he had a Polish girlfriend with a wicked sense of humour. Lolunia is what they call me. It means Little Lola. Lolushka is what one of the Polish lasses calls me. it means Pretty Little Lola. They have some sweet sayings. There's a bit of trivia for you.

My dad was born in Germany. Don't hate me for it :) he he.

I am from Tasmania, it's a little island which is VERY different to the Australia that the rest of the world thinks is accurate. Actually I have never had shrimp cooked on a BBQ. Ha ha I have eaten Kangaroo cooked on a barbie!

why would i hate you for your dad being born germany? =p i just can't really speak it very well. too many exceptions to the rules. it sucks. the only thing you know is "Im a nughty little girl"? hm. das ist art von verdreht

That's great that you had a nice time. Sorry to hear about Belfast. I've actually never been to Northern Ireland, but I keep meaning to visit the Giant's Causeway.

Thanks for the pms. I hope your withdrawal goes well. Let us know how you get on with it!

Msuder0583... joking about the "don't hate me for it" - that's what you said!

Yeah she taught me to say that and told me it meant something else... Poor Lola got VERY embarrassed.

What does "das ist art von verdreht" mean?

Back
Top Bottom