-->New kid<--

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi peoples. =]
I've been on here for a couple days but I never properly introduced myself. The name's 'bunnilovepickle' just about anywhere you go on the internet that I might be at.
I have had seizures for almost three years now,, though I'm still not exactly sure what kind they are. I'm working on fully describing them in my 'about me' in hopes to get some advice. I'll be editing that sometime in the next couple of days.
I joined the forum because you guys seem nice and supportive here. Plus I wanna see what other people think and give my own personal advice.

Thanks for your time,
-Me.

Cute name

I love it, by the way. :) I take it you like pickles, huh? LOL

CWE IS a really cool place. Make yourself at home....there are plenty of nooks and crannies here. Hopefully Eric or Buckeye will be around soon with some decent coffee, as mine is not the best in the world.

It's nice to meet you, and feel free to kick up your feet, and check the place out. We'll be here for ya.

Take care.

Meetz
:rock:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm new too, but I've already found alot of great stuff! Looking forward to sharing,

ceiliclare

Thank you, thank you both.
I'll be on here fairly often, so hopefully I'll be seeing you both a bit. =]

lol, Yeah I took up the name in high school when I couldn't think of any sn's that weren't taken. It just kinda stuck.

Hi bunni -
Welcome, I hope you make yourself at home here. There is a lot of information in the library... and when you are tired of that we have great music and a few jokes.

Hello Bunni! Welcome to CWE. :) Feel free to ask questions, chime in, or just vent as needed. :)

new to this

:ponder: hi i`m Nick.
just found this site had a cerebral bleed september last year followed by epilepsy . its controled not too bad with lamotragine,. but still having one a month finding this hard to accept as although they are getting milder feel cant get my life back on track i am a farrier and it is hard and dangerous to do incase i have a fit. I feel quite down at the moment having had one yesterday after four weeks. i have the most wonderful partner who supports me so much but like me have flash backs which are very frightening for both of us. Also as the drugs start to work and my fits get a little easier i am awake for the whole fit now.. i know this should be a positive but i find it very frightening.any feedback will be most welcome.

hi Nick! Welcome to CWE. :) Do you know what triggers your fits? Many of us find that lack of sleep, stress, and poor diet. You might want to start keeping a journal to see if you can find a pattern. Also...women and some men, find that hormone shifts can trigger seizures too. Here's what I'd suggest...a proactive approach.

1. Eat 6 small meals a day. (By small, it should fit on a dessert/salad plate. And there should be a protein for every carb. No processed or fast foods.)
2. Get 7 hours of sleep every night.
3. Avoid caffeine and alcohol. (no energy drinks, coffee, tea, or sodas)
4. When grocery shopping, shop the edges of the store...less chemicals in those foods.
5. Find a healthy way to deal with stress (walking, yoga, meditation, prayer...)

the better you take care of yourself, the better. If you can find your triggers, then hopefully you can avoid them. Feel free to ask questions, chime in, or just vent when needed...and heaven knows we all need to vent some time. :)

Hi thanks for feedback. Stress i think is playing a part in my fits. going through some BIG changes in my life. I`m a fit person. and eat well. Sleep is also not an issue . . . think it`s really good to just be able to talk and get info from people who have epilepsy. Spoketo epilectic nurse today who is great, very lucky to have her in my area,she has asked me to increase my lamotragen by 50m and this hopefully will sort it, the fits are getting easier so the slight increase she hopes will stop them,heres hopeing

Back
Top Bottom