New medication?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts on trileptal? Recently my seizures have come back with full force so my neurologist has put me on topomax and trileptal....

Ever since then I have had about 5 nose bleeds a day and terrible headaches......

I REALLY don't want to have to switch meds again so I'm hoping its just allergies.......

Just wondering if anyone has been on this drug or has heard anything about it?

Nose bleeds are on the list of less common Trileptal side effects. Here's a list of some of the other side effects below. They don't specifically list headaches, but of lot of them seem like they would lead to headaches (like dizziness or fever or infections).

Falling down
Back pain
Nosebleeds
Sinus infections or sore throat
Fever
Dry mouth
Dizziness
Chest pain
Toothache
Swollen lymph nodes
Thirst
Speech problems
Bruising
Ear infections

I hope the nosebleeds/headaches take a hike soon, but definitely check with your neuro if they keep happening or get worse.

Back
Top Bottom