Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
[color=blue][/color] :D Hello everyone, my name is Lisa-Marie. I suffered with epilepsy for 31 years myself. Short bio...I was born in Boston and raised in Lynn, Mass. most of my life. I was not officially diagnosed with epilepsy until around the age of four. Doctors thought that my mother was just one of those neurotic worry wart mothers who took their kid to the doctor every time they sneezed or acted funny. So when I was finally diagnosed at around age 4 my parents were not only relieved but crushed at the same time.

I moved from Boston to Pennsylvania back in 1991, met the man next door ( literally ) and were married two years later. My Neurologist here in PA had tried different combinations of medicines to help control my seizures with no success. He referred me to SUNY Upstate Medical Center of Syracuse, New York where I would end up meeting my "three angels" as I refer to them.

After countless tests and Neuropsychological testing I underwent 15-1/2 hours of left mesial temporal lobe surgery on December 15, 1994 where I would have to be awake for approximately 90-95% of my surgery.

I have been completely seizure-free since my surgery thanks to the wonderful doctors in Syracuse, NY. I have been a key speaker for the Epilepsy Foundation on two occasions so far, and have just found a publisher to publish my autobiography which after 17 years off and on of writing it, I finally finished it. My book is going to be out before summer of 2007 and I am very excited.

I have been hosting two chat rooms online for the last twelve years and have counseled well over 1600 people worldwide to date. I am sincerely hoping that once folks read my book their fears and concerns about undergoing brain surgery will drastically diminish. So much has changed since I had my brain surgery over 12 years ago and doctors know so much more now than they did back then.

Interesting...

Plugging your site. For those who have problems with graphics and flashing lights

~~~~
STAY AWAY! ~~~~

Here's a hint, put a link your site in your signature line. Keep up with the websites you are spamming. Get friendly with the natives and then maybe you will be more accepted.

You did the same post on my site 2 years ago.

Hi Lisa-Marie :) I had left temporal lobe surgery in Feb., 2006. That's why I use that avatar.

Hi Nancy,

Nice to meet you. Was your surgery successful? Where did you have it done...what hospital?

You're the first friendly face I've met here so far. I sure hope there are a lot more friendly people like yourself.

Hi Lisa-Marie, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Birdbomb's advice regarding advertising in first posts to a forum versus becoming part of a community (and using signatures) is apropos.

Hi Bernard,
Thank you for the warm welcome. It was a simple mistake on my part. Don't worry I don't take it to heart, just as I don't take being suspended until 2023 from one of the groups I once was a member of to heart.

I'm simply trying to help. I've been helping others way too long to take anything to heart or let it bother me.

Again you have my deepest apologies and I hope to meet more friendly people such as yourself.

Lisa-Marie

Since you are the one to bring up personal information and posting it publicly, then I shall respond in kind.

Feb 22 2004, 09:22 AM you posted this on my site as well.

Hello all! My name is Lisa-Marie and I had epilepsy for 31 years myself................ educating one person at a time".....Lisa-Marie Kinsman

Until yesterday, your last visit was Jan 17 2006, 05:56 PM and you had made a total of 9 posts.

Most forums have rules about spamming and trolling. This forum is no exception, although Bernard may be a bit more lax than I am. You agree to abide by the rules when you register. It can be violation of rules, considererd spamming and just plain old bad etiquette to be peddeling in your very first post.

I will allow members to post links to their sites but I do not allow them to sell anything. There is nothing wrong with wanting to inform others of your success story but often there is a fine line between information and spamming/trolling. It is up to the site owner to set up boundries as to what will and won't be allowed. Most people have no IDEA how creative and evil spammers can be until the have a popular site.

My post was not to insult but to inform. Forum etiquette is a judgment call. Bernard knows I feel about trolls and spammers.

If your intentions are truely to inform, then you will stick around and we'll get along fine, but then you may just behave like you did on my site, and your account will stay suspended. Your choice.

I'm definitely more easy going than BB, but I have my limits too. I think the point has been made and we can safely move on to more interesting discussion now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom