Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tboland

New
Reaction score
My name is Tom. My daughter has had seizures for about 7 years now. She is 8. Right now she is on Depekote and Zonegran to control them. I am concerned that the Depekote is affecting her mood and or development.

What is the best way to partcicipate in this forum?

Welcome Tom

I was on Depakote (Depakene up here in Canada) for many years & I know I felt much better when I was taken off of it.

I do feel for you, I was born with epilepsy & I think it was more of a strain on my parents than it was for me. To me it's just part of who & how I am.

As far as participating here, there really is no best way (at least I haven't discovered it if there is one). The place is divided into various rooms & each room serves a different purpose. Just read below the link to that room & it'll tell you what it's for http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/ Of course everyone is welcome in all the rooms and once you post something in a room there's really no need to post the same thing elsewhere.

I would guess the nursery would be where you'd find the most interesting stuff where you can talk to other parents or the "library" to look things up, but if you're really stressed we even have a padded room where you can vent those stresses. If you want to search for a specific topic you can use the "search" option at the top of any page on this site.

Meanwhile make yourself at home & take your time & explore what we've got.

Hi Tom - Welcome to CWE
My daughter began having seizures at the age of 14. She is now 18 and we see improvement in seizure control by making nutritional changes. She is med free.

When I began to participate in forums, I found threads that interested me and I responded by either asking a question, or sharing how similar situations had affected our family.

I gained a lot of information by reading articles in The Library.

Hi Tom, welcome!

CWE is a great resource. You can search for info in the archives, and I hope you feel free as well to post new questions or chime in on existing threads.

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom