New member- petrified of taking the meds

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

yeah, that damn rash!

hi Jazz, I see you posted this in August - let us know how you're doing now!! I hope it's working out for you. Started off with baby doses, should be close to your goal now.
I too am on Lamotrigine, and got the rash after one day. It was on my chest, arms, face, and my lips and eyelids swelled up. My epi took me off after a few days, then waited until it was gone and then I started back on 1/2 doses (12.5mg 2x).
It didn't come back, and I didn't experience much else of concern, yet it's not taking care of my seizures nearly as good as it should. Going off pretty soon, after more tests.
As far as the memory, yes mine has become a real pain in the ass over the last year, however that is probably more attributable to what they're thinking is brain scarring.

Send us an update!!

Hi all, I love reading this stuff as I am terrified of side effects (not the least of which is memory issues). I am trying to see a neurologist now. The healthcare sucks here. I had a neurology clinic in town but they stopped taking medicare so I have not seen a real seizure doc for a year. Today I got a referral from my MD so I can go to the epilepsy clinic in Seattle. I can not wait to see what they say. It is a few hour bus ride but I do not work so i can do it. Taking care of me is like a full time job. I can do it all myself and wonder what it would be like for you all that have partners that stay with you through all this.

I'm a primary school teacher from Australia and I'm on Lamictal. Don't worry just because some people experience those side affects doesn't mean it'll happen to you, everyone is an individual and everyones experiences are different.
I personally have not had any major side affects with Lamictal, I'm still teaching and my principal knows about my epilepsy and any minor short term memory problems haven't affected working. Just relax, they list possible side affects it doesn't mean you'll get them :)
Good luck

Back
Top Bottom