New member says "Hello"!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm a 'newbie' here & discovered this Forum on the 'Net when I was searching for 'Smoking Cigarettes and Seizures'. I found a Post by a member who has reported exactly these symptoms - so I joined this Forum specifically to respond to this particular Thread.

I live in the UK, and the Reported Topic is something that has troubled me occasionally in my life. I have been medically diagnosed as not suffering from epilepsy. After my first attacks, many years ago, and after epilepsy was ruled out, the 'Medical Profession' lost interest in me - apart from saying that I was "putting it on"! (Honest! And I can prove this!)

For the whole story - read the appropriate Post on this Forum.

I do not intend to be a regular subscriber to this Forum (see above), but I would like to say that I think what the Administrator / Owner has set up here has a very real value to sufferers of epilepsy and similar conditions. Epilepsy etc. is not nice (ultimate understatement!) and the Medical Profession throughout the World still don't seem to understand much about its causes & treatments.

Perhaps One Day . . .

In the meantime - God Bless You All, my fellow sufferers.

The Smoker.

Hi!

I'm a 'newbie' here & discovered this Forum on the 'Net when I was searching for 'Smoking Cigarettes and Seizures'. I found a Post by a member who has reported exactly these symptoms - so I joined this Forum specifically to respond to this particular Thread.

I live in the UK, and the Reported Topic is something that has troubled me occasionally in my life. I have been medically diagnosed as not suffering from epilepsy. After my first attacks, many years ago, and after epilepsy was ruled out, the 'Medical Profession' lost interest in me - apart from saying that I was "putting it on"! (Honest! And I can prove this!)

For the whole story - read the appropriate Post on this Forum.

I do not intend to be a regular subscriber to this Forum (see above), but I would like to say that I think what the Administrator / Owner has set up here has a very real value to sufferers of epilepsy and similar conditions. Epilepsy etc. is not nice (ultimate understatement!) and the Medical Profession throughout the World still don't seem to understand much about its causes & treatments.

Perhaps One Day . . .

In the meantime - God Bless You All, my fellow sufferers.

The Smoker.
I don'tknow whether it's a causitive factor, but a number of years ago I had a

Hi :hello: Welcome to CWE!!! I agree that this is a wonderful forum. I'm glad you found what you were looking for. :) It's great to have you here!

Hi, welcome to the forum. :hello:

It seems to be a common refrain. People complain about a trigger or relate a series of unusual experiences during a seizure and doctors can't find anything similar in the literature (or just don't look) so they assume it is not related or ignore it. Eventually, when enough people start speaking up, some enterprising doctor (or student) will publish some research and then the medical community will go, "oh yeah, OK.".

... I would like to say that I think what the Administrator / Owner has set up here has a very real value to sufferers of epilepsy and similar conditions.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom