new member w. question about CBD

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Just want to fill you in. Yes we are working with an epileptologist who is affiliated with NYU Medical Center in New York. NYU just completed a year-long clinical study using Epidiolex with promising results. At the present time, our epileptologist is in the process of becoming "certified" so that he may give prescriptions to be filled at the dispensaries. NewYork just approved the use of medical marijuana on 1/7/16, so the topic is fairly new to everyone here.

I don't know if you know how/why Charlotte's Web began. It was started by parents with a daughter named Charlotte Fiji. She had a bad case of Dravet's Syndrome and they lived out east back then. The Realm of Caring was started here in Colorado by six brothers, the Stanley's and Charlotte's parents.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta( a neurosurgeon) on CNN did a documentary back in 2013 on them. It is called "Weed.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrT...pta.html/RK=0/RS=M3MYkq3bVN7Qi8JlWeh2S7isUTw-

Hope4All said:
I feel that when the epileptologist prescribes something to my niece, it will be something that will be very similar to what we have available right now(Charlottes Web, Holden's Hope). So I guess what we're just trying to do is get a head start on things because we will need time to see any results.

I'm not so sure of that, since your niece's dr. is just looking into it and Charlotte's Web has been around for a while. All treatments take time to see how well they work. Even surgery. They wouldn't tell me for sure whether I was going to have another seizure or not even when I had a break-thru after surgery.

Hope4All said:
lHoping for the best.

:agree:

That was an excellent documentary. It was the first mainstream information that got out there to a broad audience breaking down the science about things like the difference between CBD and THC. It also made a very persuasive case, with Charlotte as a moving example, of real medical uses for cannabis. It debunked the idea that people using medical MJ are really just a bunch of slackers looking for a legal way to get hammered.

I hope the OPs niece's doctor is able to help once becoming certified. In the mean time however, I applaud the OP and family for advocating and acting in her best interest.

Anyone here have any experiences using Holdens Hope hemp paste.

Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom