Newbie, Dau (4) has ep, considering GARD

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My 4 yo dau has been seizing for about 2 years now and is worsening. Can't get into the doc again until October, apparently the only other clinics in MO have stopped taking patients so they're all being funneled to her doc's office.

So since I can't talk to him about her worsening symptoms, I've been seeing what we can do here at home. We're considering the GARD diet and just curious what results others have had.

We have been hoping she'd outgrow this, but instead it gets worse. It feels strange having her tell strangers about all the stuff she gets from the children's hospital and about being "hooked up". It's strangely comforting to find a community of people that have gone through it all too.

Hello everyone! My 4 yo dau has been seizing for about 2 years now and is worsening. Can't get into the doc again until October, apparently the only other clinics in MO have stopped taking patients so they're all being funneled to her doc's office.

So since I can't talk to him about her worsening symptoms, I've been seeing what we can do here at home. We're considering the GARD diet and just curious what results others have had.

We have been hoping she'd outgrow this, but instead it gets worse. It feels strange having her tell strangers about all the stuff she gets from the children's hospital and about being "hooked up". It's strangely comforting to find a community of people that have gone through it all too.

Hi Mamarancher,

October is such a long way away...they wont do a phone consult type thing? I am sorry that your daughters seizures are getting worse. I was going to link some posts about the diets from the this site but alas I have forgotten how to do that. I think if you go to the kitchen there is a place about diets and there is a tone of good info.

Good luck, and I hope you can at least talk to somebody at the Dr's. office even if you cant see them.

mamarancher - I highly recommend you consider it. Perfect timing to see if nutritional changes might help, before chemicals are introduced into her system. Your child has to eat, it only means that you are working with a healing diet. What do you have to lose?

It is not harmful in any way.

Back
Top Bottom