newly diagnosed

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Mom of 3

New
Reaction score
My youngest daughter, Hannah, is 10 and was diagnosed with E last May. Hannah has only had 3 seizures in her 10 years. Her first seizure came at the age of 3. We were told it would probably never happen again. Hannah did not have another seizure till last May (2008). Her EEG came back showing seizure activity. She was put on dylantin. (She seemed to do ok with that drug) We were doing ok till February 2009. Hannah had another seizure. Her medication was switched to carbamazapene. She seems to be doing ok with this medication. Some weight gain and fatigue. Seems to be getting better now after a few months on it. Our goal is to be seizure free for two years on medication and then maybe start going off of the meds depending on EEG results.

I am getting much better at dealing with this. I try to keep everything as normal as possible for Hannah. I keep meds with me at all times, just in case we are not at home for med time.

After reading all of the threads in the forum, I realize that it could much be worse than it is. What a great support group.

My prayers are with all of you!!!

By the way my name is Kim.

Hi Kim! Welcome to CWE. :) Feel free to ask questions, chime in, or just vent when needed. :)

Back
Top Bottom