Nice to meet eveyone.This is my first time here.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was sparked to start looking up the e forums as I had another one after being seizure free for almost a year and a half. This last one was the clear confirmation that the spice nutmeg is a trigger for me and it doesn't take all that much to trigger one. This means that there are quite a few types of food and drink I have to give up permanently.

:hello: Mattshelly

Welcome to the CWE Forum. Sorry
you had to experience an unfortunate
incident. But glad you are here and
feel free to browse around and make
yourself a home.

Hi Mattshelly: NIce meeting you !!!!! Welcome to the board!!!!!!! I have given up corn,glutein ,casein,peanuts .The first time I tried the diet I found it difficult. This time I was ready for it and I can deal with it. Better than taking meds.

I also take homeopathy meds. Have any questions feel free to ask.

Riva

Hi mattshelley, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Stacy (my wife) is also very sensitive to foods. It's amazing how powerful they can be on one's health.

I was sparked to start looking up the e forums as I had another one after being seizure free for almost a year and a half. This last one was the clear confirmation that the spice nutmeg is a trigger for me and it doesn't take all that much to trigger one. This means that there are quite a few types of food and drink I have to give up permanently.

Welcome to the forums!

Nutmeg! OMG! No eggnog, gingerbreadmen, spice cake, baked ham, candied yams, pumpkin pie! What's christmas without nutmeg? I sure hope you can keep a close eye on all those holiday yummies!

Last edited:
ouch. potato soup would not taste the same without it. the struesel on apple pie...
my condolences, but it's good you found it.

Hello mattshelley ~ It's nice to meet you. I'm fortunate that no particular food or drink bothers me at all........ hmmmmmmmm except AIR

Hi MattShelley,
We have a 19yr. old son with epilepsy since the age of 12 1/2. He has just given up aspartane, splenda, caffeine, and is now "slowly" working on simple sugars and white bread, rice,etc. He's never had anything recently with nutmeg, however I told him today to stay away from it because I'm reading about to many people complaining about the nutmeg being a source of their seizures. Glad you have been able to recognize this and take it out of your diet.
Marian

Hi Matt

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about what happened.

Hello and welcome. I feel a little awkward welcoming you because I am also pretty new. But welcome and I am glad you are here. It is too bad about having to give up nutmeg, but it is really good you found out you trigger!

Kerin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom