Nocturnal seizures and false pain signals?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I know a lot of you have talked about this already, but I wanted to ask...I've been having dreams that I'm having a seizure, and then I wake up and I feel like I do after I've had a seizure--Confused, woozy, heart pounding, fists clenched (I grab things when I have them) and very tired. is it possible to have a partial seizure in your sleep?

Also, does anyone get this strange feeling in their head that feels like your brain is telling you it's in pain, but it's really not in pain?

It sure is possible to have a SP in your sleep. Mine usually wake me up, but not always. My most common one at night is a fear seizure. Feels very different than a bad dream.

I have partials in my sleep too that wake me up. Actually, I had one that woke me at 7 AM this morn.

I used to say that I never slept through them (I still don't think I do) but truth be told, I guess if I did sleep through some then I wouldn't know.... would I?

Yeah, I have nightmares a lot--truly horrifying nightmares--but this is different. I wasn't sure if it was possible to have an sp, though I read on here that you can have a cp. Thanks!

I have partials in my sleep too that wake me up. Actually, I had one that woke me at 7 AM this morn.

I used to say that I never slept through them (I still don't think I do) but truth be told, I guess if I did sleep through some then I wouldn't know.... would I?

They wake me up afterward. I have them much more frequently in my sleep than when I'm awake.

Heh. Nope, no way of knowing. I prefer having them in my sleep because then I can't feel the aura.

Back
Top Bottom