Old and new

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

joyous

New
Reaction score
Hello,

I have had seizures since I was 21 that was 38 yrs ago. It's been within the past year that my sojourn to seizure free has finally come to pass.

I was 35 when I lost my kids, was disowned by my family, was having uncontrolable tonic clonic seizures and was suicide prone. My maternal family was very sick. I was adopted by my grandparents and raised without love. It's taken many years to finally let them go and forgive them, but I did with divine help.

There was no explainable reason for the seizures but inside I knew this was going to be a hard journey. It was body, mind and spirit. Just taking care of one and leaving the others hanging only made them worse. My doctor could only find one medication that partially worked. We tried everything. I needed a co-medication. But I got adverse effects from them all. It was 2 years ago when he looked at me with sorrow and said they were unexplainable.

Some have called my healing unbelievable. I finally found a diet that works high fat/protein, sugar/gluton free and cbd.

But there was more. There was mind and spirit that needed work. Intense prayer/meditation, finding a faith community, while facing and accepting the psychological effect of epilepsy. I read them and my eyes were opened, I wasn't alone, it wasn't just physical. I didn't have to feel ashamed of being me seizures and all.

I found out that people with epilepsy can be fearful of close relationships, anger/rage, distrust, depressed, rejected, suicidal, etc. But we can also be very intuitive, spiritual, religious, and courageous. My defects and assets were right in front of me. I started to accept them and accept myself. Love my whole being.

I started praying and meditating more. Asking for the virtues of divine love, patience, humility, joy, hope, trust, courage, while being honest with myself and others. Seeing clearly and forgiving myself and others. When I find myself getting hyped up about events, or uncontrolable issues I breathe and pray. Sometimes I screw up but not for long. I'm not afraid. That's a lot for me. I have a smile on my face.

Some have called me a mystic. Nah, I'm just a person who volunteers for others less fortunate and loves them. I just feel the spirit in my heart and not my mind. My beliefs are my own. I am thankful.

Peace,
Leslie

joyous

You are very welcome to C.W.E. you will find great people here who will help and listen just as you will. We can all relate in ways to you, some of us more so but the "old" part forget about it. Look around and ask the questions and we will try and help you as you will do with us when the time comes.

Some have called my healing unbelievable. I finally found a diet that works high fat/protein, sugar/gluton free and cbd.

Hi and welcome Joyous;

I am certainly happy you believe you are "healed" and I Do hope you remain seizure-free. However, many folks have tried the gluten-free diet for seizures and have had success with it. It is also used for celiac disease and for diabetes.

But there was more. There was mind and spirit that needed work. Intense prayer/meditation, finding a faith community, while facing and accepting the psychological effect of epilepsy. I read them and my eyes were opened, I wasn't alone, it wasn't just physical. I didn't have to feel ashamed of being me seizures and all.
:agree: People, don't have to feel ashamed of having seizures. It is just another dilemma, like asthma. I've never been ashamed of my epilepsy.

I found out that people with epilepsy can be fearful of close relationships, anger/rage, distrust, depressed, rejected, suicidal, etc. But we can also be very intuitive, spiritual, religious, and courageous. My defects and assets were right in front of me. I started to accept them and accept myself. Love my whole being.
People of all color, race, religion and with any and all types of affliction need to accept themselves first, despite themselves.

I started praying and meditating more. Asking for the virtues of divine love, patience, humility, joy, hope, trust, courage, while being honest with myself and others. Seeing clearly and forgiving myself and others. When I find myself getting hyped up about events, or uncontrolable issues I breathe and pray. Sometimes I screw up but not for long. I'm not afraid. That's a lot for me. I have a smile on my face.

Some have called me a mystic. Nah, I'm just a person who volunteers for others less fortunate and loves them. I just feel the spirit in my heart and not my mind. My beliefs are my own. I am thankful.
A lot of folks with certain types of E have been called mystic over the years. It goes with the territory.

Keep smiling, meditating and praying and you'll remain happy. But you have to have it in your heart AND your mind.
May you remain seizure-free......

My wife recently went on high fat protein lo carb diet. Seizures remain but are predictable. Past month only during her morning vigorous walk On vimpat zonigran and this diet. PC seizures ages 12-14, 24-56present. Tried bunches of meds.

Any ideas or comments welcome?

One blessing my wife covets a lot. She seems to forget bad stuff she did or was done to her. She seems to remember the good things better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Correction "she forgets a lot" not covets a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom