over 40 simples

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I took a list of medic. (presc. & over the counter) to my Neur. my FP, my Pharm.

I also took a list of medic. THAT I CAN NOT TAKE-- The date presc. or recommended date, dr. name, day I started medic. and date I stopped - listing side effects.

I know they probably don't like me and my list, but this is the only way I know to keep everyone on the same page.

I got so tired of them given me medic. that do not work together add in the fact my memory is horrible.

Its been exactly a week since my last Keppra pill. I think I feel back to normal. Seizures, or what ever these are, are back to where they started prior to my ever taking keppra... mentality is completely back to normal. Phew.... I still can't believe the doctor told me that "no seizure Med would ever cause these things to happen" That was not my experience at all. Keppra caused a lot of unrest in my poor little head. I stopped the Keppra and now I'm back. :) that's all the science I need.

It's great to hear that you're feeling more "normal", seizures aside. I hope you can find a doctor and treatment that will work better for you this time.

It actually took two weeks to get the Keppra out of my system. I was left very tired and I'm still working on getting my energy back. I decided to try everything but Rx meds. So far I'm still having a lot of seizures. More than before the keppra and different in that I have things now I didn't have before like worse twitches and stuff. I notice mine cluster at night the most as I'm falling asleep or waking up. Its uncomfortable :( kinda dread the bed :) But! My life between seizures is way better off the meds.

I still have no doctor. If you're interested in what the doctor said at my visit you can read my thread called flabbergasted. Anyway, was just updating to complete the story. I read Rebecca's story about neuro feedback... and all the nutritional supplements... very inspiring.

A work in progress I guess. :)

Back
Top Bottom