Overwhelmed!!!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tsprowl

New
Reaction score
I just joined-already posted about that!! But I am so overwhelmed, not sure where to start or what to look for!! Any advice would be wonderful!!!

Thanks!!!

Lamictal, Vimpat, Kolonopins, Provigil, VNS (and multiple others that I don't take daily)

Hi again!

If you're not sure how to use the site, this excellent FAQ - leading to basic information links, and a search box to look for topics you're interested in in the various threads, is a great help.

This main link to the forums page has handy little descriptions to what each is mainly used for as well.

The Kitchen is the most well-read forum on here- where we ask questions about epilepsy, so a post in there will get much faster/more replies ;)

Don't worry too much about posting in the wrong place- the rules aren't as harsh as other sites, and your thread can always be moved to the correct place by a mod if needed.

CWE is all about help and advice, and sharing our experiences. It's a great site :)

If you have any other questions, just ask, or feel free to pm me or one of the mods- in fact I think anyone on here would respond to a pm asking for help- it's that kind of place ;)

It's nice to meet you and I just read your profile. I sent you a pm about how to use the web site too, I hope it helped some.

My seizures started out of the blue about 11 years ago. They still have no idea what caused them.

I have:
Simple complex seizures - When you sort of get dizzy and confused. Different things happen to different people when they have them too.
Complex partials - When you black out during the seizure.
Tonic Clonic (Grand mal) - When you shake.

The complex seizures I have several times a month and I usually have one tonic clonic a year.

Through the years I've been on several different medicines but now I'm taking Depakote, Tegretol, Keppra, Lamictal and some other vitamins. I also have a VNS.

As SlimBlue said 'The Kitchen' is one of the most read rooms on here and you do get quicker answers from many different people. You'll be supprised how many people deal with the same problems that you do and you know you're not the only one that is going through these things.

And don't worry if you post something in the wrong place. I think everyone has done it one time or another - I know I have!

A calm soothing welcome...like a soft refreshing breeze

Hey tsprowl --j ust wanted to add my welcome! Enjoy the site, the members are terrific and terrifically helpful.

Welcome,and

glad to see you. It's actually a good ol' dinner party here, so feel free to have a seat and hang out!

Back
Top Bottom