a question

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bradley

New
Reaction score
Does anyone find they have a "craving" for some form of food just before an fit?
And it can even cause a massive shift in your emotions and moods....

I don't get a craving for food, but I actually get deterred from all from food. I do get the massive shifts in emotions and moods though, usually towards the super cranky!

The craving could be a Simple Partial Seizure...

ak<3history u are right....
There is something around food that doesnt make sense to me... If I actually think about it, I can be really put off by food...
Brad

Nakamova, what is a simple partial seizure?
Hi Bradley,

Welcome to CWE.

Here is some information about Simple partials )also known as auras)

Simple partial seizures are seizures which affect only a small region of the brain, often the temporal lobes or hippocampi. People who have simple partial seizures retain consciousness.[1] Simple partial seizures are often precursors to larger seizures, where the abnormal electrical activity spreads to a larger area of (or all of) the brain, usually resulting in a complex partial seizure or a tonic-clonic seizure.[2] In this case they are often known as an aura.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple_partial_seizure

Simple Partial seizures are seizures where there's no loss of consciousness, but there is some kind of disturbed sensation. These symptoms can take a wide variety of forms, but they fall roughly into 4 major categories:

1. Motor -- Jerking movements/twitches.
2. Sensory -- hearing problems, unusual or phantom sounds/tastes/sensations/smells, disorted vision or hallucinations.
3. Autonomic -- Changes in blood pressure, heart rhythm, bowel function, temperature, etc. Feelings of nausea, hunger.
4. Psychic -- feelings of fear, anxiety, déjà vu, jamais vu

If it's followed by a full-blown seizure, then a simple partial is called an aura.

Back
Top Bottom