Question about Keppra

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shomann

New
Reaction score
I have been on Keppra for a couple of months and two days ago I had anther grand mal, my third since Feb. Does anyone know if Keppra covers grand mals or what I should expect out of my next appointment with my doctor since I had a seizures while on medication? I am really worried about going. I start nursing school this fall and I have two kids at home. PLEASE HELP. Am I just over reacting and this is really normal for this to have happened.:huh:

Welcome to CWE

:cheers:

I am not sure if I have welcomed you before, so welcome again.

Yes, Keppra is for Tonic Clonic (grand mal) seizures, though usually as an Adjunct to another med. It is also used by itself, but that is usually for simple partial seizures.

I take Phenytek (dilantin) and 2000 mg of Keppra each day. I just had an appointment this morning with my neuro and due to the focus/concentration/memroy issues I have had lately, he is going to try to lower me to 1500 a day to see if that brings me around.

Back to your question, are you taking anything else with the keppra? How much are you taking? My doctor is only lowering mine because I have been TC free for over four years. That is the longest TC free stretch I have had during my 26+ years of E.

:e:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom