Recently Started to take Lamictal, twitching?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

sholaw

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I started to have seizers last year. I am now on Lamictal and have not had a seizer for two months. The thing is this that the past week I have increased my dosage to about a 100 mg a day and I have started to notice that I twitch a lot. My legs twitch, arms twitch, and sometimes my eyes twitch to. I was wondering if this is a normal side effect and if it is will it go away. Its really annoying!!

sholaw

Welcome to C.W.E. I do think you should go back and tell your doctor and neurologist this could be important. I think it is and that it probably is a side effect, but its something you need to get checked out. My face moves/twiches and my arm its a long time like that know and yes its annoying.

i really got do same..i take lamical i also get twitching or pulsating it go on for days,i agree it very annoying

Hi sholaw, welocme to CWE!

Everyone has different experiences on Lamictal, so it's hard to know if the twitching is a temporary side effect for you or not. When I started on Lamictal there were some side effects that went away after a few months, others that have persisted.

Definitely make a note of it and check with your neurologist if the twitching doesn't subside or gets worse. You might also try adding a magnesium supplement to your diet to see if it helps.

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom