recording all seizure activity

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
i have started a seizure diary for my doctors. i have just gotten my limictal dose to 50mg twice daily and hoping for relief. this morning i woke up with a migraine and all of my mussels from head to toe were soar and i did not have a seizure yesterday i am wondering if i am having them in my sleep? also i have been a little confused with this weird flavor in my mouth kinda like a copper and milky flavor it is awful i brushed my teeth and that did not help. i have also been having trouble with the insurance company not wanting to refill my limictil because it is to early even though i have instructions on the bottel on how to increase the dose. i seem to be at a total brain fart mode. i had to compose a 3-5 page essay and had no clue how to go about it. that is not me i am usually right on it. well i was wondering if anyone else had also used a diary to record seizure activity and if you had any advice on how to go about it?

Lamictal can cause muscle aches in some people during the transition phase, so that might be what you are experiencing.

For the seizure diary, it's great for your own benefit if you can record everything that might be relevant -- including potential seizure triggers (like allergies, fatigue, metabolism, etc.), in addition to the seizures themselves. If you're not sure whether or not you had a seizure, go ahead and record it, but perhaps with an asterisk, and a few notes about why you suspect a seizure occurred. If you know for sure that you had a seizure, indicate when, what time of day, what happened and for how long -- as much as you or an observer can remember. It's also good to note anything that you think might be a medication side effect, with a description about when/how long it occurs as well.

thank you for the tip on the diary that is very helpful information. i hope this works with my doctors.:banana:

Back
Top Bottom