Relieved mom

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Thanks so much for messages concerning my daughter. I now know what to call her seizures and can see so many of her symptoms as coming from them. My parents meet with her doctor today to discuss all this so I will know more tonight. She has really been thru the ringer with this and it is so refreshing to finally have a diagnosis of seizures because we had to watch her hallucinate and pass out so many times we were afraid for her but now we know that this was more than likely triggered by seizure activity. So partial simple seizures is what it is sounding like for her and she has alot of the sensory symptoms.

Ask your parents to write down both questions and answers from the meeting with the doctor -- that can make it easier.

I just talked to my parents and they met with the doctor today, and she is apparently having generalized epeliptic seizures which fortunately havent progressed to tonic clonic. The doctor did mention that her seizures are firing from 2 different areas of her brain but unfortunately my mom couldnt tell me which 2 areas. It is a bit frustrating to me to not be there right now and be able to ask questions myself as I have a medical background but hopefully we will be able to get this under control soon with the right meds.

Did the neuro prescribe a specific med for her to start on?

My daughter was only a year older than yours when she began having seizures. During a period of about 5 yrs she had over 50+ tonic clonic and SP seizures.
She has been a year free from seizures and takes no med. We found making nutritional changes, neurofeedback, and supplementation as being our answer.
I hope you will consider alternatives as you make your decisions for her care.

yes they started her on lamictal. I did find out now that the doctor is saying that she has generalized epilepsy. She has only been on this med a few days now so hoping it will help.

Something you should be aware of- I found that Lamictal is not supposed to be prescribed to anyone younger than 16

Back
Top Bottom