Right Front Temporal Epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

cn12socr

New
Reaction score
Hi my name is Caitlin,
I have Frontal Right Temporal Lobe Epilepsy and was diagnosed with it after i had a seizure at 3 yrs old and was also told that at anytime i can trigger a seizure. Now im almost 19 years old so 15/16 years later i'm getting these extremely sharp pains on the right side of my head on my front temple lobes. i take have of 600mg of mortin and the pain comes back an hour to 2 hours later even worse. I usually get headache but now they are worse and my right eye is also sort of lazy so i wear glasses and when i get mild or little headaches i wear my glasses and the pain goes away but now even when i'm wearing my glasses i get excruciating pain. Any ideas of what could be going on?

Last edited:
I have left temporal lobe epilepsy and Ive been experiencing alot of sharp pain in my left temporal lobe area. Mostly at night time. But I did ask my neuro about it in August when I went for my yearly check up. He said they are nothing. Just said it was a headache or migraine. But Ive asked here about it and some people have told them they get them too, and they are Called Ice Pick Headaches.

Here is my post that I asked about them in...

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/sharp-pains-temporal-lobe-area-17941/

I've taken 800mg of Ibuprofen to help it, or even a couple of the tension headache pills. It seems to help take the pain away for me. If it gets worse, ask your neuro about it.

The pain would last for a good five minutes to hours long. I took 600mg ibuprofen and laid down and all then later the pains started coming back. They weren't as bad as the ones before but they were little ones but still would hurt. It seemed like when i walked outside in the cold they started happening a second time last night.

Last edited:
Ive had it happen again this morning. I took the kids to school, came back home, and layed on the couch to watch alittle tv. On my right side, I had some sharp Lightening like pains. I had to hold the side of my head to put pressure there. It lasted about five minutes or so. Then I feel asleep while watching tv. When I woke up they were gone.

I would probably ask your neuro about it and see what they say.

I also wear glasses for my right eye only cause it is slightly lazy. Today I got slight head ache pains even more when i took my glasses off. I haven't seen a neurologist since I had my seizure at 3 ill check with my doctor about it and see if he can refer one to me.

Welcome. to CWE.

I too have TLE of the right side. My left eye was a lazy eye, get got worse as I got older. I had surgery back in 1982.

For many years I had a headache all the time, I hardly have a headache anymore, thankfully.
I don't have any of the pain they you both are having. I wish I could tell you something that would help.

My dad told me to wear my glasses more to see if I'm getting the headaches from not wearing them, but my eye doctor told me to only wear them when I'm in class and sit in the back while the professor talks. And the headaches happened again when I went to bed early this morning. I can't stay asleep, every night I wake up every half hour to two hours and when I woke up at about 6 when my dad came home my really bad headaches came back for some reason until i passed out because of the pain.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom