Rollercoasters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I know they say people with E shouldn't ride rollercoasters but every year I go to Florida and ride the Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror. And for those who know, its a free fall of about 130 feet 3-5 times in a row. Very fun ride (and great show at that) and just yesterday at Hershey Park I rode some pretty fast rollercoasters and had no issues what-so-ever. So I'm not quite sure.....any thoughts?

Not everyone is sensitive to the same triggers. Strobe lights and fluorescents don't bother me, but they definitely set others off.

It's great that the rollercoasters don't phase you. (They don't bother me either.) I think folks with reflex epilepsy may be more sensitive to stuff like that, but I'm not sure.

I say if it doesn't bother then go on it.....

Then go another time for me.

I asked my neuro about this and he said to start out on some of the slower ones and if they didn't bother me then work my way up. I was fine with them.

Strobe lights don't bother me either.

Back
Top Bottom