rollercoasters and epilpesy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
i am thinking of going to an amusement park today and wondering if anybody has any information about the rides?? is it safe to go on the rides with epilepsy any information would be appreciated thanks

I think you would know best. What kind of seizures do you have? what medications are you on? Do you feel like momentum or adrenaline will trigger a seizure? Are you photosensitive? There are a lot of flashing lights at an amusement park.

Also Welcome to CWE. Would you like to tell us more about yourself?

Caroline,

I read your profile and see you have tonic/clonic (grand mal) seizures now since you had a mini strike, so I don't think it would be a wise idea to ride the roller coaster if your seizures aren't under control yet. Maybe just go and enjoy the day with friends/family, but that doesn't mean you have to ride the "fast" rides.

Back
Top Bottom