seizures and staring spells.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

amandalc

New
Reaction score
I have severe staring spells. When I was born I had a tumor on my head the pressure damaged my eyesight and gave me seizures. They did surgery and put me on phenobarbital but mom heard it makes kids slow so she took me off. Now I suffer severely from staring spells. They come frequently and last minutes. I feel disconnected. I can't afford doctors visit. I really want cure. How can I continue college when I'm off in space? I hate medicines. I rather try vitamins. Anyone suffer from staring spells severely too. The brain is so complicated and it seems not much is known about my staring spells.
They say spells are seizures well I have 100s a day no joke.

Hi amandalc, welcome to CWE!

Do you lose consciousness briefly during your staring spells, or are you aware the whole time. If you lose awareness (a bit like deep daydreaming), the spells may be absence seizures. Absence seizures can potentially respond well to the Modified Atkins Diet, so you may want to look into that. More information here: http://www.atkinsforseizures.com/

Best,
Nakamova

hello

Yes they are like daydreaming. People notice all the time that I seem to be off in space.
I have had it ever since I can remember. I'm have to look into that diet. Thanks!

i also have started staring siezures since i was changed onto lamotragene i never suffered with them while i was on epilim but epilim always put me in moods to the point i would swear black was white and have really had some foul arguements with people which doent work very well when i have to deal with the public such a lot in my job

Yeah I'm going to make an appointment anyways i will have to make an appoinment to the doctors. See what happens. Its to the point where I don't want deal with it. Medications will be a unsure because I don't want crazy side effects but hey if they fix it. My mother said it was supposed to go away by 20. I'm 20 now? I guess the doctor might have answers :0 hopefully

Welcome to CWE!

Good luck at the doctor, please understand that a good neurologist is not always easy to find. Try and do some research when selecting a doctor.

Tom

Thank you! Yeah I'm really going search out of area. My town has bad Rep for its healthcare services. I hope it's not too expensive because I have no insurance. But I'm sure I can find a solution

Back
Top Bottom