A silver lining...?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

nic

New
Reaction score
My seizures have gone from every six hours to every 48 hours..... I don't want to count my chickens but it's hard not to. I'm being raised on Tegretol on a weekly basis..so maybe this is helping.
I have an appointment for a prolonged EEG next week. Having already had an EEG that came back normal I'm wondering why I'm having this new one. Does anyone know how long the prolonged EEG goes on for?

No idea on the prolonged EEG. Is it a video EEG? Those can be anywhere from 24 hours or more.
Congrats on the improvements with Tegretol! Hopefully it just gets better!

nic

A prolonged EEG can be anything from 45 minuets to 2 hours depending, it could come back as normal which would not be unusual. There are a few reasons for having it but the best reason I can give you is the standards have changed a lot, but not all neurologists will do this for you. Things have changed a lot in ways towards epilepsy and its treatment for the better I must say. I cannot say enjoy it but you can relax.

Your forgetting about video EEGS.'s your taking off all your meds and they can go on forever.I didn't seize till after I was off the camera after 5 days once.
A prolonged EEG the flashing lights will send me into a seizure.:twocents::e:

Belinda5000

No I did not forget the video EEG'S Belinda5000, you are far more advanced with the treatment of epilepsy and its people than with me in Ireland. The video EEG'S are in practice but not popular, there are extremely few of them and the way you get treated is appalling.

Welcome, nic, to CWE.

This forum was made by Bernard out of love for his wife Stacy. That love permeates throughout the whole forum.

I was on Tegretol for years and then it quit working. I had a lot fewer seizures when I was on Tegretol.

Fedup,

I apologize for missing what you said about the VEEG. It wasn't intentional.

I've been told the EEG will go on for two hours. I wonder if they'll let me read a book lol.

Belinda5000

"I apologize for missing what you said about the video EEG. It wasn't intentional"

You did not miss anything and you are right in what you said, when I replayed to you it was more in jest. Except for the part about how you are treated and how advanced you are in comparison.

nic, being on Tegretol is your silver lining. It worked great for me when I was on it.

When is your VEEG? Maybe you can write a book. :hi5:

hi everyone. I'm on keppra and frisium. feeling real week and sleepy. does anyone take these 2 medications?
thanks

Back
Top Bottom