is this some kind of sleep seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

monjanse

New
Reaction score
I often waking up and my right arm goes crazy movements some few seconds, and my last videorec of my sleep shows my right arm jerking very often during almost the whole night. Can this be a type of epileptic activity during sleep? I have no epilepsydiagnosis, but i took eeg some times bechause i had childhood abcencer, and in 2007 i took a last eeg and he told me i had mutch epileptic activity but no clinical seizures. Could this be develop signs of small nocturnal seizures during sleep? I am 30 years old now.

"Much epileptic activity but no clinical seizures" sounds really weird. I kind of lump the two into the same thing..

Not all activity even when related to seizures will show up on an EEG. I wouldn't call it signs of development because it could be directly related to seizures. In my sleep, I would have repetitive motions which my doctor decided was directly related to epilepsy. These would happen when an EEG had shown I was awake, but I would have no recollection of the event. After a tweak in my medication, the problem is gone. Mine was much more excessive, though. They also weren't discovered until my late 20's.

This suggestion is a bit more extreme than Nakamova's and I would assume hers to be more accurate. I'm just giving you another possibility.

Or maybe, like a dog, you're just having dreams of chasing rabbits. ;)

I don't understand you have e activity but show no other signs maybe brain scan few other tests should be done and blood tests make sure they within safety levels but as sperio says must just be active dream you Mybe enjoying

I was told that a lot of people show epileptic activity during during an EEG.
Although they don't have seizures, I have a lot of myoclonic jerks, it could be them. I've been told that my brain doesn't "sleep" properly, which is why I get so many jerks during the night.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That's odd Monjanse. But so is our illness. When I'm really stressed out, I have night time issues. Sometimes I jolt and bite the back of my tongue....or jolt and yell so loud that it wakes me and my wife up. Weird stuff for sure!

You keep an eye on it and feel better.

Joey

Back
Top Bottom