Starting trileptal

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi Jimbobmoore,

I took trileptal for a short time and it's a lot like tegretol if you have ever taken that before. Whatever you do stay away from grapefruit and grapefruit juice because the enzymes in the fruit can mess up the trileptal and cause a mess. Also if you ever have to take an antibiotic be sure to check with your pharmacists because some antibiotics can make the drug toxic this happened to me a few yrs. ago and I ended up in the ER. If you get a sunburn when your outside be sure to put on a 45 proof sunblock because the drug will draw the sun in and make a person burn quick.
The drug worked well for me for my absence and complex partial seizures then right out of the blue I became allergic to the drug and had to go off of it. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom