Status epilepticus for 7 yr old

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

sivaram40

New
Reaction score
Hi All,

My daughter had her first SE seizure in feb 2015 which lasted for 40 min then after that every 3 months she used to get seizures but with preventive medication her last seizure was on oct 2016. she's taking valporic and kepra each 4ml mor and eve. We are based in toronto canada

My questions are

1. Is she seizure free now?

2.we are planning to take her to India to her grandmothers place in AP, Do we have any facilities over there to treat her if this occurs again

3.Does any one know about how much time we have if this occurs to take her to emergency(ER teams here took her to hosp with in 20 min when called them )I know its not a case in India. but I like to get some information or book on that

Regards
Ram

Ram,

1. Typically a person is 'certified' seizure free if they are seizure free for at least 2 years.

2. There are facilities in AP, I think there are several hospitals in Hyderabad.

3. From my recent experience with traffic in India, traffic delays are the norm of the day. Having said that however, most cities have several doctors who are skilled and several good samaritans who will help!!

Hope someone from that part of India will chime in. This is what I know.

-Best,
Suman

Thanks Suman,

1. Is it with preventive medications or with out them?.

2. They are going to stay in vizianagaram in which no speciality hospitals are there. Apollo vizag is 1 hr to 1 hr 30 min drive if they could arrange vehicles in minutes

3. I'm most worried about the traffic and implications if treatment was not given in proper time

By the way any one knows about good insurance companies in india for my daughter if we come there to cover this problem

Back
Top Bottom