Suggestion: Carry some medication w/you ALWAYS

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ToryMagoo

New
Reaction score
Having had Epilepsy since I was 18 (and now 66)....I have lived
through many eras. I was a hippie, taking drugs, rock n' roll,
and I got caught up in a Cult (Scientology) where they put me down
seriously and I fought them for 30 years re my medication. (It was awful, it's mind control, and there was no Net to learn 'the other side).

Ok, so through all---I ALWAYS carry a pill case in my purse with
at least 3 days of medication. Especially living in LA, due to Earthquakes,
I **always** bring my medications with me.

I think for all of us it's a great idea. (Maybe everyone already does this?)
I love this thread, too: http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/epilepsy-101-part-faq-part-tips-advice-1255/

Hope it helps someone. :rose:

Tory

I keep a backpack with me. It has cameras, a tablet, note paper, and plenty of medicine. PLENTY! Always a good idea.

I keep a few days worth in my purse. Sometimes we'll go out for breakfast and I'll have to pop my pills at the table at med time. No ones ever seemed to mind or commented about it. Not that I care. It's gotta be done. Just gotta refill what I used.

I do the same. Figure in worst earthquake scenario 3 days would get me through, and also use it at restaurants as needed and refill later.

Thank you~ N Sperlo, Katie Coy and Blue Cat!

First, let me know if using that blue color bothers any of you.
If so, I won't use it.

Secondly---thanks for your in put. I figured most people do bring
medicine with them. What made me make this link was Jack's Mom asking
if any of us had any ideas for her son, soon off to college. I thought this
was one she *may* not have thought of, yet, or others new to seizures.

I'm so happy I found this site~! :hugs:

Tory

hi all

actually i got the idea of a pill case from my co-worker. so i carry one with a slot labeled for each day of the week and two wide slots for extras. this has helped me to keep track so i don't over dose or forget to take my doses.

And no blue is a beautiful colour. The colour of a clear sky on a beautiful day.

Last edited:
Definitely a good idea to keep some meds on hand. My daughter usually does - this week I've had to make two late-night emergency car journeys because she's gone without them.

Thank each of you for your views re blue: I agree!
If we ever meet you'll see...I'm a bit of a color freak. (Well, you all can
swing by ToryMagoo44 on YouTube and see me :)

marths: I recently got one of those, and it does help a bunch. (where it has
each day of the week). Often before I just had One week, and I would forget IF I took a day or not. Now I have Sun-Sat and Sat-Sun, a place for each day. :)

JaneC....Argh!! That would drive me nutz as a Mom. Ya...you might want to see if you can introduce her to this site. I got Epilepsy at 18 years old...WAY before the Net. I cannot tell you how helpful this site has been to me, in just a short time.

Love to all :cheers: :wave:

Tory/Magoo

i don't mind too much, Tory, better that than her thinking "oh it doesn't matter, I'll be fine". She's pretty responsible about her E, especially for a teenager x

Every time I fill a script, I split it into 2 bottles - one for the cupboard, and one for my purse. My purse resembles a small pharmacy, but I'm always covered!

Me, too, Torymagoo!

I carry a week of my meds with me, sorted in a week-long sorter with cotton stuffed in with the pills, then in a plastic ziplock bag, then in a cosmetic case. I take them and rotate them out every 6 months or so and put fresh ones in. I keep another couple of weeks in my natural disaster kit. It's also rotated out every 6 months or so.

I rarely leave the house, and when I do it's usually to a doctor's appointment or something quick so I'm not gone for longer than a few hours. So, I really don't have a reason to take them with me. It's harsh where I live so many freaking tornadoes I sometimes rather put up with earthquakes any day, that's just me though.

I always have 2 days worth of pills on me just incase I can't make it home at night. They are in separate pill cases that are split into my am and pm meds.

I've taken my meds in front of people and they've never said anything about it. They all pretty much know I have epilepsy however. The only thing that people have said about it is "You take that much medicine? Twice a day? Is it all for epilepsy?" They can't believe that I can't just take one pill a day to stop my seizures. They don't even realize that by taking 18 pills a day it doesn't stop them either.

Back
Top Bottom