Surgery to stop seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
My name is Leahnora, I have Partial Cerebral Palsy and seizures are part of the package (A logical combination) Seizure medicine do not work for me anymore they give me a bad skin rash all over. I'm facing surgery to try to shut down the part of my brain that causing my seizures

Leahnora,
Now isn't that a little dangerous to shut down part of your brain, Where are your sz's coming from what part?
I had RTL and had scar tissue removed.
Belinda:e::agree::twocents:

Thanks for welcoming me I'll Explain what the cerebral palsy affects on me. my Left side which includes my eye, hand I can not turn my hand palm side up because of my wrist and my leg but I've had therapy ( Very Extensive) in walking so, the only thing you really notice (if I'm barefoot) is my leg turning in a little

It's coming from the right side of my brain (which shows on an MRI scan completely
black because of the CP) Every seizure medicine I've tried Instant allergic reaction
Even the medicine I'm on now is really not helping I'm taking Lyrica, ativan,zonegram

Hi! :hello: Welcome to CWE! My son also has Cerebral Palsy (effects the entire right side of his body) and seizures also came along with the package. We chose not medicate him because of the nasty side effects. We wanted something better for him. Surgery also seems a bit extreme. After doing a lot of research into diet, nutrition, and alternative therapies, we found our answers. We're now able to control his complex partial seizures through diet and cranial therapy. I'd take the time to look into other non-evasive treatment methods before going with the surgery. Have a look around the forums, there's plenty of information available at the click of a mouse.

Vns

I've heard mixed feelings about the VNS surgery. I have heard that if you get it there is a good chance of being able to drive & well being 18 I am craving the independence. But my parents are just a little weary & I'm a little scared I'm not sure why:paperbag:. So I was just curious on some of your opinions on it especially those of you that have had the surgery.

Wednesday Was Rough for me I had to be at Dartmouth in Lebannon (which is just about 2 hours away) go through 8 hours of testing they are very serious but fair people for example when I told my doctor the med he prescribed was making me nauseous he called that night to say it was one of the side effects (it passed). I have one more treatment to go and It's the scariest for me

I'm Replying to my post to say I have a WADA test scheduled for march after this my doctors will get together and discuss when the surgery will take place

Back
Top Bottom