Taking college algebra and struggling

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
At the tender age of 57, I have decided to go back to college. I am either going into respiratory therapy or Electro Neurodiagostic Technoligist (EEG Tech).
My major battle has been algebra. I finally got accommendations. However this does not come easy any ideas, suggestions:ponder:
I am probably going to have to retake this.
Any ideas
Sleepingsam

I so admire you for jumping into the Back to School thing.... it can be a real challenge... but also incredibly worthwhile.

Algebra was my biggest hurdle when I did Computer programming a few years ago ...and my lowest mark.... I was way more proud of the 66 I ended up with in Algebra than I ever was of some really good marks! I had to work WAY harder for it.

Many places have student tutors for a reasonable cost - at the college I teach at, it's mostly subsidized by the college - the only reason students are required to pay at all is so that they actually bother to follow through and show up. It might be something to look into.

You might want to see if your disabled student services center will help you by providing a tutor as well as a note taker or copy of the professor's notes.

Back
Top Bottom