thank goodness

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bradley

New
Reaction score
Hi, who ever is out there reading this... I hope u can somehow relate...

I have had 17 years with epilepsy. I had 19 tonic clonic in 2009 and it has continued to get worse. I am a young person and I would really like to have a social life; get out there and meet people...

But I cant... and I just get the feeling that people think I am weird???

Have u felt that way?

I have this amazing urge just to travel, to see the world... But epilepsy has prevented me from doing that...

Brad

Bradley, Burning Man accepts you with wide open arms look it up, it's a cool desert festival.
I've had two seizures there and everyone jumps into help. No big deal.

I really kind of feel that it's less about people thinking your weird, in your social journey, as it is their own fear of having to respond or stand out if you do a have a seizure.
In CPR you have to point to a very specific person and say "you call 911"
No one wants to stand out, it's the total herd instinct, ok now i'm off my soap box!

I travel often even though I have E. I just like to road trip and I have friends all over.
Find ways to travel. Passenger trains are way better than Greyhound.

Back
Top Bottom