Twitching

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jade05

Reaction score
Hi, I went for an EEG yesterday - I had an earlier one in 2013. Yesterday, lying on the couch, I was twitching a lot. The last time I had an EEG I don't remember twitching like that. It really bothered me and half way through it, the nurse came to the end of the couch and asked if everything was ok because I seemed confused. I'm wondering if she saw that on her monitor because just lying there with my eyes shut, I don't think anyone would notice whether I was confused or not. When I finished and went out to my husband I told him about the twitching he said that I twitch all the time in bed but didn't like to tell me in case I worried (!) It is something my Dr should have been told really. Can anyone give me advice about this? Many thanks

I agree, go ahead and let your doc know. There are other causes of twitching (like magnesium/potassium deficiency or fatigue), but in this contact, seizure activity is the most likely explanation.

I get twitching it like live flesh can go on for few days it drives me nuts.
I did have a few days in hospital two days on eeg I remember nurses running to my bed asking if I was ok I was unaware of anything so I assume they saw something

Back
Top Bottom