UK based poster.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Overproof

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Obviously I'm new here and I thought I'd better say 'hello' rather than just jumping into topics willy-nilly.

I'm twenty-nine and first had what my doctor called 'nervous episodes' when I was eight. Adolescence consisted of intensified and increased frequency of seizures, for which I used a variety of drugs, some legal - many more not so.

Things peaked in my mid-twenties when I was using whatever came to hand to control my wonky brain and had to go into a rehabilitation centre, where I finally got some decent neurological assessment, alongside all the other stuff.

Now I'm at the stage where I can hold down a job (just) and am clean, sober and trying out whatever the doctor gives me in an effort to stay seizure-free.

So yeah, that's me. Hope to talk to some of you soon.

Hi Overproof! Welcome to CWE. :) Feel free to ask questions, chime in, or just vent when needed.

Hi, hello

and how do you do? It's nice to meet you!

Buckeye and Eric will eventually be around with much better coffee than I can ever make...:roflmao::roflmao:

Feel free to kick up your heels, and check out all the nooks and crannies here--there are plenty here. We even have a Padded Room for those days when ya really gotta vent.

Mr B, our host, has built us an AWESOME home here, so feel free to stick around...

Hey Overproof

Welcome to the site. Here's that coffee Meetz was talking about :cheers: Enjoy it while checking this place out.

I was born with my seizures, sometimes they get worse, sometimes they get better but they're always there. You might be interested in checking out the list of alternative treatments http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/index.php?p=alternative-treatments. Do a little research on them & see if there's one that you feel might meet your needs.

Eric

Overproof - Welcome
So glad you decided to turn your life around. There is much you can do to be proactive in your health.
I have found nutrition to make the most improvement in my daughters seizure control.
We have also worked with vitamin and mineral supplements for brain and body health. Including neurofeedback has helped to gain brain stability.
My daughter is med free and doing so much better than when she was on medication, by following the alternative therapies.

Hello I'm lou :D

I'm in Blackpool:rock:

You seem a very honest and down-to-earth person.​

Back
Top Bottom