What in the world happened?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

3ang30141

New
Reaction score
My name is Angie. I am 49 years old. I have been married to my husband, Tom, for 22 yrs. was born in Aschaffenburg, West Germany 1964 so there is no medical history. Last night we were watching tv in our recliners. I remember asking him if he minds if I ordered pizza. He said go ahead. The next thing I see is him standing beside my recliner asking if I want him to call 911. I said No, why? He kept rambling about what had just happened and staring at me. He finally realized I couldn't remember and said Ang, your scaring me! I said, Well you are scaring me! After that I continued to finish the pizza order. I thought it didn't go through the first time. He began to tell me that it looked like I had been having a seizure. He said that my right arm and leg started first, then the left side. My arms jerked at least a fooot straight up and down off the recliner armrest. And the feet were going up and down slamming my heels on the recliner (the leg part). I seemed fine. I didn't feel bad at all. I did not remember anything but the pizza order. He said I was drooling white foam but there wasn't any when I came to. My eyes were open the whole time staring up at the ceiling. Apparently my neck and head were doing the same thing on the back of the recliner but neck tilted back looking straight up. I do not have insurance so I do not go to doctors much. I just find it hard to believe that it just came out of the blue like that. Anything you can tell me would be helpful. Thank you

Angie
I know you have said you don't have insurance to go to the doctor, but is there any type of medical programs that you have checked into so you can still see someone? I know finances can be a lot to take on alone but I think that the best thing would be for you to be seeing a doctor for tests to be done. Seizures can happen for many different reasons but if it is something that you could have to battle again you want to know what is causing the seizures. It certainly sounds like you had a seizure and that your husband sounded concerned. I hope that you are able to see at least a general physician soon or neurological doctor that can help you have some answers. Good luck and keep in touch. :hugs:

Hi Angie --

I agree with Jen, what you experienced definitely sounds like a seizure, and it's important to get checked out by a doctor to help figure out what happened and why.

Seizures can come out of the blue. My first one arrived when I was 35. Everyone has some sort of "seizure threshold". Most people never cross that threshold, but occasionally there can be stressors that lower that threshold and allow a seizure to occur. For some folks, it's a one-off event, but for others, it's a sign that something serious is going haywire in the brain.

I truly hope your seizure is a one-off, but it's better to see a doc and make sure you're okay.

Best,
Nakamova

I want to apologise. After googling I figured out it is the Tramadol I have been taking for pain. That was enough to get my attention. I will be weaning off of them and talking with a doctor soon. Will definitely follow up. Thank you guys for your response. I really appreciate you all.
Angie :)

Back
Top Bottom