When was your last seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Dam,thats a shame,did it just come out off the blue or was there a warning? Bloody epilepsy why does it have to ruin so many lives,it just aint fair!?!?

Hello neil,

Mega crap…but u know all about that.

not out of blue, he started having heavy auras which lasted day and half and boom. started on the morning of the visit to the new epileptologist which did not go down a treat.

Any tips when an auras lasts so darn long Folks?

Going to a breathing class soon to help him learn to breath better. We gonna never stop trying :) all safe alternatives on the cards here.

Last edited:
Yeah,mega crap im with you there mate.Ive found over the years,and from what other observers have said is during some auras,when ive gone to bed ive managed to sleep it off.Where as if id stayed up an tried to "fight" it,id have gone into tonic.

As for those long ones,i bet hes sore,i think my second last one was a,day and a half aura and i was sore as hell after.Im not sure in all honsty how to manage those,i thought i could ride them out but that doesnt seem to be the case.

Breathing classes sound like a good idea,a doc years ago told me once that it was possible to stave of seizures by this method.The trouble i have is that sometimes i feel like im going to have a seizure and dont then feel the same way and do,i think this is what makes epilepsy so dam hard to pin down and so hard what to tell(what little i can remember)to the nuero.Hope the breathing helps though chaz.

Neil I've heard about the breathing thing too, and it bothers me b/c when I'm overly stressed I don't breathe properly, catch myself holding my breath alot. Plus the bf says i hold my breath in my sleep. Grrrr. I wonder if that's been a contribution/trigger?
You're right Damn Epilepsy!! Can't seem to win there's just too many possibilities.

Yeah qtown,
She said to try and find a quite place like a toilet cubicle,to regain some composure if you think you may seize.But this isnt really always possible is it? I think theres a good possibility that it good be a contribution/trigger.I mean we no so little about the brain,let alone whats happening when its misfiring.

Personaly speaking,when i get stressed,my throat is dry as hell,no matter how much water i drink,and my breathing is shallow.Although i have a diazapam script sometimes its not enough and then i know im in big trouble,but as you say there are so many possibilitys with epilepsy.

I wonder if the epilepsy medications sedative effects could have anyting to do with your sleep breathing? Just a thought,might be worth asking your nuero/epiloligist nurse at your next appointment?

Yoga

is great for slowing down breathing. Apparently I had a seizure night before last sitting outside talking with my daughter. Seems it was a simple partial. I am concious, crap can't spell today, so anyway - I just can't talk and her words were garbled. last only a couple of seconds. Then I have gastric upset and a dull aching headache. The last one I had was August last year. Seems the heat and I do not mesh well together - I live in the gulf coast region of Texas; aka-other side of hell in the summer. So, my husband tells me to up my medication and stay indoors. He is out of work, so going to get blood work is not an option. Seems I have had these my whole life, just in recent years I knew what they were. My seizure of choice-T/C, flopping around like a fish got everyone's attention. These?? not so much. I was called, lazy, inattentive, apathetic, ODD, and so fforth. :bigsmile:

Sorry to hear you had a seizure gigi,hope you are feeling ok? How effective do you find yoga? Do you think it could be used to actually stave off seizures? Im like your self and seizure off choice is the good old tonic clonic,if your gonna do it might as well do it in style!!!

AS FAR as I know, July 2008. However, my primary doctor and I think I could be having petites. Just going into lala-land for who knows how long :/ Unless anyone really sees it... there is little proof. However my best friend tells me I call or text her and we will talk for an hour. I have NO memory. Or she will re-tell me something (her SIL taking care of her dog), and I have NO memory of it. :/ So I can't be certain, but last grande mal was July 2008.

today. i lost my glassrs to. i may have taken an extra topamax at lunch i think. triggerimg a grand mal and a sexy bit of post tictal lost. but i had a goal so i still got there. just left my glasses on the road. didnft dawn on me. fuzzy wasnt normal.

Hope your feeling better c0urt. Did you just walk home or did you have to go to the hospital. I hope you didn't get hurt.

My last seizure is right now. Ugh. So annoying. I've been sick since Monday and since then I've been having a lot of seizures every day and they last for a really long time (I have the simple-partial version of Status Epilepticus, so I can have seizures that last for hours). Blah.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you had a seizure gigi,hope you are feeling ok? How effective do you find yoga? Do you think it could be used to actually stave off seizures? Im like your self and seizure off choice is the good old tonic clonic,if your gonna do it might as well do it in style!!!

Yoga is great at least for me, it reaches down to the inner depths of my physical and mental and scratches an itch! It is a stress reducer, which we all need. Ah you are familiar with my old nemesis T/C, what fun, huh?! Been 2 years in July since my last. 4 days since SP, which I still feel like crapp from. Thanks for asking, write anytime.
Congrats to all our victories, and poop on our minor defeats!! :bigsmile:

Hope your feeling better c0urt. Did you just walk home or did you have to go to the hospital. I hope you didn't get hurt.

i was on my bicycle so i have a scrape above my eye. and i am a lit sore today . could be much worse.

my last seizure was this evening I had a couple ofsimple partials.

:twocents: :e::agree:

Wife's was walking in the cemetery on Monday. Son was near by looking at his flash cards for upcoming exam. PC seizure hit. She was on the ground bleeding at back of head. Evidently hit/bumped her head on a grave stone after falling in the grass. Super nice lady! Son patched her up. She seems fine emotionally and physically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seizure Free 2wks

So I been having seizures TC and Absences for several months and they been getting worse and doctors are doing the medication merry go round with me right now. I'm out on short term disability, and since I am not having seizures every day, does this life become just a waiting game?? And I want the honest truth! I have had one absence seizure in past 2 weeks with no TC's.... Basically at this point in my life with epilepsy is it just a waiting game?

This coming Tuesday July 1st will be exactly one year. July 2nd will have been on Keppra for one whole year. Two more to go and maybe I can start to get off of everything. This is my goal.

Back
Top Bottom