Working to Spread Facts About E

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

acshuman

New
Reaction score
I work very closly with the Epilepsy Foundation of Minnesota(EFMN) as a volunteer. The main office(St. Paul) of the state Foundation asks me for my help in many different ways. I try to tell them what it is like to be the person w/E and what they can do to make their work be more helpful to people w/E.
I am on disability after a long working career! So I have made the decision to help people who are having with problems(not financial) dealing with their E( my brain still works fine). I am a Mentor and advisor to many people who need to talk with someone about their E.
This has been a very fulfilling undertaking for me! I have been able to help people w/E, but I have also learned soooo much about the different feelings that a person w/E may be holding inside of them and not releasing. The availability of having a person or site to vent on or to can be helpful to a person like this.
I learned this back on the farm as I was growing up. Many times my most soothing times were when I was on a tractor doing field work. This was because I could scream as loud as I wanted about any type of problem, and nobody could hear me screaming(thinking I was nuts). I felt much better after having one of these 'sessions with nature'.
Anytime anyone needs to vent send me a message and I will be totally accepting!

ACsHuman:hugs:

Keep it up. I've been working off and on with the Epilepsy Foundation for a long time. Years ago, my son was in elementary school, he went around the neighborhood collecting $$ for the golf tournament we had that year. And when he was in High School, he gave a speech about his mom and that she has E. He did it all on his own, I didn't have to ask him to do it.

There are so many facets to the epilepsy experience. I can remember when I first created this site and started participating in every online epilepsy forum I could find. I had no idea how small a slice my wife's experience represented on the epilepsy patient spectrum. I've learned a lot from the great people who share their journeys here.

Back
Top Bottom