yah, it's me.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

atl

New
Reaction score
hey guys im joey and i am 18 years old, and i have had epilepsy since '95 and i still have seizures on occasion, in fact i had one last night at a party, not a good sight. i am on lamictal and it doesn't seem like the best medication in the world but it works better than klonipan for me, well, thats enough, peace. also i am an emt/figher-fighter, and i am on lamictal, 400 miligrams a day.

Last edited:
First off... I love our EMTs here in San Marino!
Welcome Joey to CWE. My daughter is 17 and also has dealt with seizures for the past three years. Medication didn't work for her, and she is med free at this time. We are dealing with it by making new nutritional choices, adding vitamin and mineral supplements, and neurofeedback training.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

well thank you i will try to stay here an be active to learn more about my epilepsy than i already know, there is always more to learn.

Always... and it seems to be changing. Not as quickly as we all would like, but I believe with the info that is shared all over the world we will begin to see changes begin to develop in research and info shared.

more and more research, i know there are people on this and so i wont complain, but no medicne works for me that much, i know there isn't a 100% but i dont have seizures that often probally with in the last year and a half, 4 seizures so i will give lamictal credit for that but working 48 hours at a time probally doesn't help my health and situation.

I would think not.
I personally would rather see more research into alternatives. Have you tried anything other than anti seizure meds?

haha... my daughter just asked why I was chatting with an 18 yr old.
She says HI

Hi Joey,welcome. This is great place to come for information or just vent.
I know lack of sleep is a huge trigger for my seizures. I certainly would not be able to deal with your schedule.
Jennifer

Hi Joey! Welcome to CWE. :) Feel free to chme in, ask questions, or just vent if needed. :)

Back
Top Bottom