Zara/Zap here...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zara

New
Reaction score
If you don't know me a quick check of my bio will give you a little rundown. you can find me pretty much anywhere there is an Epilepsy Forum. I fight and do not stop for our freedoms and to help those who are in need no matter what. May God Bless you all.

Hi Andrew!

I was wondering when you might stop in. Welcome to the forum. :hello:

I think you'll find that you don't have to do much fighting over here. :fight: Except maybe with Brain. You gotta keep an on her, she's trouble. :pfft:

BTW, I found some good info on Piracetam and added it to the new and improved chart. Thanks for introducing it to me. ;)

(((((( Andrew )))))))

:hello:

Great seeing you here!

:D

Marian, it's a non-prescription drug that is listed in the chart of alternative epilepsy treatments (see link in my signature). It's been shown to be effective in controlling myoclonus ("jerk" seizures).

Hidy-ho Andrew!

Long time no see. Hope your doing good.

Thank for all the replys.

Glad to see everyone is here hangin out. Hope I can bring something worthwhile to the community. If you would like to know anything Just let me know. Also Piracetam was the first of at the time a new kind of drugs called noo-tropic drugs when it was invented later leading to the invention of other noo-tropic drugs along the lines of Keppra. There is some statistical analysis about it's efficacy against generalized shaking of the arms, torso and head region of your body. This information obviously dates itself though I'll add that it dates itself to the mid 50's.

Other than that anything you need just ask and I'll do everything in my power to help out.

Zap/Zara/Andrew

Hi Zara: Hows life treating you? Hope good!!!!!! Welcome to the board.

Riva
aka
fourstar from efa board

Thanks Bernard for the info on Piracetam. I don't think that will work or my son as he has Grand Mal seizures or am i misunderstanding myoclonic jerks. My son 95% of the time has nocturnal seizures and when he seizes he tightens up, jerking, makes noises, his arms and legs may move around,may foam at the mouth,lips turn blue, sometimes he stops breathing, once he calms down he usually urinates ( loses control of bladder).... Would you call that tonic-clonic too?? His doctor never uses any specific words to describe what kind of seizures he has.
Marian

Bernard you are right. After reading the info, I now can give a name to my sons seizures. Thank you!!! The info was so on target. He mostly has nocturnal seizures. The only daytime ones are when he has breakthrough seizures and the meds need to be adjusted.
I wonder how many people % wise have nocturnal seizures and why at night and not daytime.
I am so glad that I found this forum. I learn something new everyday. You guys/gals are incredible!!!!!!
Marian

Welcome, Andrew (Zara)
I take it you are well known. I hope you hang around and share some good news.

Bernard you are right. After reading the info, I now can give a name to my sons seizures. Thank you!!! The info was so on target. He mostly has nocturnal seizures. The only daytime ones are when he has breakthrough seizures and the meds need to be adjusted.
I wonder how many people % wise have nocturnal seizures and why at night and not daytime.
I am so glad that I found this forum. I learn something new everyday. You guys/gals are incredible!!!!!!
Marian

Marian:

I just had some T/C's and I hate'em!
I posted about it in the EF Forum.

:mad:

One thing about T/C is you never know when
they hit you; and when they hit you, they
hit you - no auras - no warnings - no nothing,
just EL BOOMO - you're floored!

It's kinda hard for me to type with one arm,
as my right arm is out of order, and fortunately
and I'm lucky, I didn't break anything, at least
the ER didn't see anything but the Radiologist
will look later. But they did find head injury though.

:(

They instructed me to call my Neuro's Office
Monday so the info could be faxed over to their
office (the reports).

:mad:

So I phoned them and they're going to obtain
the info from the hospital.

I rarely ever get T/C's, but when I do, I hate it!
I'd rather have a CP than a T/C!

A 21 'piggy' salute...hope you feel better soon!

flyingpigs.gif
flyingpigs.gif
flyingpigs.gif
flyingpigs.gif

flyingpigs.gif
flyingpigs.gif
flyingpigs.gif

:rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom